Do you find that some people are constantly creating drama for no apparent reason? Are you so stressed out at work that you are finding it hard to see the good in things? An increasing overload and trying to juggle between your professional career and your personal life, can be challenging, to say the least! It’s so easy to get bogged down by your routine, and this can in no time, result to negative feelings; feelings of inadequacy and failure.
It is only natural for us to go through ups and downs. I truly believe that both the ups and the downs are needed in life, in order for us to be appreciative of the good things that come our way. It’s not just about avoiding the bad things. If we take a minute to think of ‘bad’ in terms of falling, it’s not about not falling, it’s about how many times you get up, after each fall that counts, and makes you stronger. To find out how you can be positive after something bad has come your way, or how you can get up after each fall, just keep on reading!
- Acknowledge that you are human and that it’s o.k to make mistakes. No one is perfect, it is in human nature for people to make mistakes, and you know what? It’s all right! Learn to forgive, and don’t be too hard on yourself, when you go wrong. Mistakes are part of a learning process. Think of it as an opportunity to learn something new, at least you now know what needs to be avoided in the future!
- Put things into perspective. We all have our problems, try not to get swamped down by them. On a grander scale of things, there will always be someone with greater problems than you. Focus on a solution, if one is not evident at first, try to get your mind off your problems and tackle them later with a clear, rested mind. Go for a walk to clear your head, go for a run, go dance, do something that will get your mind off your problems for a while. Try to think of something positive to focus on and give your solution time to unfold.
- Be grateful for what you have. Now this may sound a bit cliche; I don’t mean that you should only ever just be grateful what what you have and never to strive for anything better. Of course you should set higher goals for yourself and aim to achieve them. However, during the process don’t forget to be grateful for the simple things in life, even when you are having a bad day. Think of your friends, family, health, dreams, the beautiful view you may pass every day; try to think how lucky you are to have those things. There are others who are not so lucky.
- Take on each obstacle that comes your way, as a new challenge. You know what they say, what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger! No one said that it would be easy, I am a firm believer that anything (within reason) is possible if you persevere and never give up. Be patient, persevere and you will overcome even the greatest of obstacles.
- Be around positive people. There is nothing worse that having negative people around you, sucking up all the happiness. We all know at least one of these types of people. Well you know what? Just stay away! Surround yourself by people who do not put you down, just so they can feel better. A positive attitude is a mindset that can be passed on to others. That is the energy you want around you!
- Always remember that you have a choice. That’s right, it’s your choice whether you want to be happy or not. You control your thoughts, so choose wisely. Chose to be positive and happiness will find its way back to you! ❤
I do hope this post serves as a little reminder, especially on those days when you are feeling down; something you can turn to, to jump start your positive outlook. 🙂
Remember, your thoughts become your words.
Your words become your actions.
Your actions define who you are!
Till next time…