As teachers we are lucky to have the luxury of celebrating two new years, a new year and a new academic year. A new year never really seems much of one as a new academic year has already started and who doesn’t love a new academic year? When you have recharged over the summer and revved up to start from afresh with palpable energy everything suddenly seems possible.
When I was younger a new academic year was a time of new beginnings and optimism, as well as new clothes, pens, pencils, books, and teachers. In fact, it is still one of the best time of the year. Now there’s welcoming new and returning students, reconnecting with colleagues, setting new goals, taking initiatives and yes still buying new pens and notebooks!
Read on for some simple things that you can do to make your new academic year start with a blast.
1. Set some goals and make a plan towards achieving them over the course of the year.
2. Complete old administrative tasks and set new ones.
3. Think about ways to expand your learning opportunities and become a better version of you.
4. Manage your time to get through the grading and planning.
5. Get together with colleagues and try out some new strategies in lessons.
6. Make your planner super cute and plan ahead!
7. Make to-do lists and tick them off as you complete each task, you will feel accomplished before the term even begins!
Like and share this post.
How do you get ready for a new academic year? Leave a comment below.
Till next time…