Motivating your child to read can be a hard task. As children grow and master the skill of decoding they will be able to open doors and be transported to magical places. This is something that every parent wants their child to experience and continue to do so for life. As a parent there are many things you can do to encourage your child to read. Read on for ten ways to do just that!
1. Set the example, read books yourself.
2. Have a choice of reading materials.
3. Show interest in what your child is reading.
4. Compare a book to a film.
5. Try some reading games like finding words within words, finding antonyms or synonyms etc.
6. Encourage your child to perform their favourite part of the book they have been reading.
7. Ask your child to give you a brief summary of what they have read.
9. Encourage your child to use a dictionary to find the meaning of unknown words.
8. Ask your about how the book made them feel.
10. Ask your child about the characters in the book.
Have you discovered a great way to motivate your child to read? Please share in the comments below.
I hope this post helps. Like and share if it does. ❤
Till next time…