Hugging is SO incredibly powerful, it’s not just beneficial for kids, but for all ages. Whether you’re wrapped up in the arms of your beloved, greeting a friend or saying goodbye, hugs have a way of making us feel special, protected and loved. This simple gesture can do wonders for our well-being and the emotional development of our young ones. Below, are just a few of the many benefits hugging our loved ones gives – be it a bear hug, a cuddle or a warm embrace.
- It makes children comfortable with receiving and showing affection toward others
- It increases good chemicals in the brain which in turn lower stress, promote healing, lower
blood pressure and make us feel happy
- It’s a way to communicate love and affection without words
- It can be a good exercise, rocking, carrying and holding your kids
- It promotes bonding
- It creates a healthy sense of personal boundaries
- It encourages calmness and relaxation
- It improves immune functions and sleep patterns
- It lowers anxiety and stress
- It reduces discomfort from teething, congestion, colic and emotional stress
- It strengthens the digestive, circulatory and gastrointestinal systems
Research shows that adults need an average of 5 hugs a day. So what are you waiting for? Start those hugs! Just make sure the person on the receiving end is as eager to get them the person giving them. ❤
Till next time…
Special thanks to R. Centeno for the featured image photo.